NBC feeling the heat...

As well they should. Parents of some of the victims were scheduled to appear on the Today Show this morning but canceled after NBC decided to air the videos, photos and writings of the VT gunman that were sent to NBC after the first shooting on Monday, April 16.

I must say I found it distasteful myself that NBC aired this material. I was hoping for some sense decency from NBC and hoped that they would refrain from doing this, although I would have been shocked if they actually didn't air any of it. I guess ratings matter more than the victims families grief.

What I find even more offensive and laughable is NBC's defense that they immediately notified the FBI when they realized what they had in their possession. Immediately after they had made copies of everything, apparently. And they add the fact that all persons who handled these materials wore gloves.

Gloves? Oh great! Thanks for doing that!

Oh and they are only featuring the material during 10% of their airtime. That's 6 minutes per hour.

On the other hand Fox News has decided to stop running any of the videos, thank goodness.

Powered by ScribeFire.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No one spoke to Blago, except Rahmbo multiple times...

Obama at 45% in Rasmussen