I didn't say what you heard me say...

Stephon Marbury says that he didn't say what what he said because TV is putting words in his mouth, or something like that;
Knicks guard has change of heart about Vick

ESPN.com news services

NEW YORK -- It didn't take long for New York Knicks guard Stephon Marbury to go from defending Michael Vick to distancing himself from the soon-to-be-imprisoned Atlanta Falcons quarterback.

After being criticized for his remarks Monday for calling dogfighting a sport and comparing it to hunting, Marbury told the New York Post for Thursday's editions that he despises dogfighting and that Vick "is 100 percent wrong."

"I don't like it at all," Marbury said of dogfighting. "I don't think [Vick's] right. But this dude is trying to ask for forgiveness. ... The way the way it's going about in the newspapers and TV, it's ridiculous."

Marbury also said he never called dogfighting a sport.

"I said, 'From what I hear, dogfighting was a sport.' They're editing me on TV," he said.


On Monday, Vick said through a lawyer that he will plead guilty to a federal charge of conspiracy to travel in interstate commerce in aid of unlawful activities and conspiracy to sponsor a dog in an animal fighting venture. He will be sentenced Aug. 27 in Richmond and also faces possible prosecution on state charges.

Speaking hours after Vick announced he would agree to plead guilty, Marbury -- while promoting his basketball shoe in Albany, N.Y. -- told reporters he was in Vick's corner.

"I think it's tough," Marbury said, according to Albany TV station Capital News 9. "I think, you know, we don't say anything about people who shoot deer or shoot other animals. You know, from what I hear, dogfighting is a sport. It's just behind closed doors.

"I think it's tough that we build Michael Vick up and then we break him down. I think he's one of the superb athletes, and he's a good human being. I just think that he fell into a bad situation."

Someone that executes dogs after they lose a fight with another dog is not a good person...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No one spoke to Blago, except Rahmbo multiple times...

Obama at 45% in Rasmussen