It's not anti-war...or pro-war.

I guess when a song about the Iraq war comes out the MSM assumes it anti-war...well Billy Joel's new tune "Christmas in Fallujah" is neither pro or anti-war. It straddles the issue in order to tell the story of soldiers dealing with being away from their families during the Christmas season.

Its a pretty good tune but I doubt it will be on everyones Christmas playlist nor will it probably be a big seller. And that is probably due to Billy not singing on the tune but rather the lead vocal is by Cass Dillion.

Billy Joel releases anti-war song

2 hours, 2 minutes ago

NEW YORK - Billy Joel has released a new pop single, the anti-war "Christmas in Fallujah." Just don't expect to hear his voice on it.
ADVERTISEMENT

At 58, Joel felt he was too old to sing the song, which was inspired by letters the Piano Man received from soldiers in Iraq. So he gave it to Cass Dillon, a 21-year-old singer-songwriter from Long Island.

"I thought it should be somebody young, about a soldier's age," Joel said in a statement on his Web site. "I wanted to help somebody else's career. I've had plenty of hits. I've had plenty of airplay. I've had my time in the sun. I think it's time for somebody else, maybe, to benefit from my own experience."

Dillon said he was thrilled to be asked.

"When someone of that stature, with that history of great songs behind him with such a huge catalog asks you to sing something he's written, there's nothing you can do but be completely honored to perform," Dillon said in a statement.

"Christmas in Fallujah" went on sale Tuesday on Apple Inc.'s iTunes. Net proceeds will be donated to Homes for Our Troops, which builds homes for severely wounded veterans of Iraq and Afghanistan.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No one spoke to Blago, except Rahmbo multiple times...

Obama at 45% in Rasmussen