That's not what the president said...

It's interesting how when the president is asked this question;
Since the inception of the Iraqi war, I'd like to know the approximate total of Iraqis who have been killed. And by Iraqis I include civilians, military, police, insurgents, translators.

And gives this answer;
How many Iraqi citizens have died in this war? I would say 30,000, more or less, have died as a result of the initial incursion and the ongoing violence against Iraqis. We've lost about 2,140 of our own troops in Iraq.

The press runs with this headline;
"Bush says 30,000 Iraqi civilians dead in war"
And gets away with it!

I will follow up with the flood of corrections that are sure to follow!

UPDATE: Well what'dya know, the misleading headline has been corrected. To see the before and after images go to Michele Malkin.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Obama at 45% in Rasmussen

Elton John, statesman - Bill O'Reilly

As soon as this is passed using "demon pass" it will be challenged....