Monday, June 22, 2009

What a disgrace....

No words are needed...
WASHINGTON (AFP) — The United States said Monday its invitations were still standing for Iranian diplomats to attend July 4 celebrations at US embassies despite the crackdown on opposition supporters.

President Barack Obama's administration said earlier this month it would invite Iran to US embassy barbecues for the national holiday for the first time since the two nations severed relations following the 1979 Islamic revolution.

"There's no thought to rescinding the invitations to Iranian diplomats," State Department spokesman Ian Kelly told reporters.

"We have made a strategic decision to engage on a number of fronts with Iran," Kelly said. "We tried many years of isolation, and we're pursuing a different path now."


1 comment:

  1. Of course words are needed, or you wouldn't host such a blog as this.
    I wonder if President Bush considered eliminating U.S.-Iranian diplomatic staff?
    Why, you'd almost think that diplomacy had some useful purpose in State affairs, whether you engaged it or not.

    ReplyDelete